Fiber-reinforced concrete is ideal for improving the durability and toughness performance of concrete and mortar. Fibers in concrete help reduce shrinkage cracks, increase strength, increase energy absorption and reduces dangerous spalling at high temperatures.
Sika is the leading company for fiber-reinforced concrete solutions. Our global footprint and a fiber production facility in all regions means we are ideally placed to support your project.
Local technical support is valuable to our customers. As a multi-discipline construction materials company, Sika offers a full range of solutions for concrete including admixtures, curing agents, mold release agents, floor hardening and coatings, joint sealants, concrete protection and more. Our job site presence and training support helps ensure you have the right products for a successful project.
Explore Our Fibre Admixture Solutions
Main Benefits of Sika Fiber Reinforced Concrete
There are multiple reasons for adding fibers in concrete. One of the main benefits of fibers are the homogenous distribution in the concrete. Other benefits include:
- Better cohesion of the fresh concrete
- Control and reduce crack sizes due to early-age shrinkage
- Improve flexural and shear strength
- Improve load capacity and ductility
- Increase toughness and abrasion resistance
- Increase resistance to explosive spalling
- Replace or partially replace traditional reinforcing steel
- Save time in the construction process and reduce costs